August is having a blast at Bob and Grandpa Jack's house - as are we. Bob is short for "Baba" which is short for "Grandma Barbara." We laugh because it must sound like I have a boyfriend on the side since August and I are always referring to "Bob"! The beautiful, open, blue skies (and land) of Colorado have helped us all breathe a little easier and I swear a layer of stress just peeled right off when got here. There are so many fun things to do - taking family bike rides, fishing bowling, riding go karts, eating a popsicle on the porch, blowing bubbles in the yard, riding ATVs in the mountains, exploring Denver with old friends - it truly feels like we're on summer vacation - mosquitos and all! And the summer heat has been great too - it brings back so many memories of my childhood. We know real life is going to start up again soon, so we are just enjoying this break while we have it.
August did really well with the transition to Colorado. The first few days were a bit rough - I think he thought he was really on vacation so all his routines went out the window - but now that we're settled, he is back in the swing of things. And, when we first arrived in Denver at DIA, there was a tornado watch and we had to seek shelter in the airport bathroom and I thought, "Oh no! I've traded earthquakes for tornados!" but as a friend put it, "At least with tornados, you have some warning." August asks about certain toys and says, "Our wind-up toys are in the POD? And they're going to be at our new house?" so he gets that we're looking for a new house and that all of our stuff will follow. But he's got it made at Bob's - playmates, toys, occasional pumpkin pie and Dairy Queen, a bike and a backyard - what else could a kid ask for?!
Click on an album to view.
![]() |
| March 2010 |
![]() |
| April 2010 |
![]() |
| May 2010 |


