Tuesday, August 5, 2008

July 2008

Another busy month full of fun, sun and water (and one bright red ATV)! It amazes us everyday how grown up August is and what kinds of things he can do by himself. He has started using the potty and it just blows me away to see him sitting on it and knowing what to do. He is very clever - once he's done using his potty, we get to dump it in the big toilet and he gets to close the lid and flush the flusher (and wave goodbye), so in order to get to do that over and over again, he will do his thing on his potty, we'll flush etc., and then he'll sit back on it and try to eek out a drop more so he can do it all again. I'm sure he loves that I am sharing his potty habits with the world! Another thing that shocked us is that we went to Griffith Park and put August on a pony to do a pony ride and I guess we hadn't really thought about the fact that he would be riding this thing without us, but they started going and he was so thrilled! He kept saying, "DAH!" (for anyone who spends a good amount of time with us, they know exactly how this sounds) and seemed like a pro. For a while, he wasn't even holding on to the saddle and we had to keep telling him, "Hold on!!" The highlight of the month was when we went to Colorado and August got to ride on Grandpa's ATV in the mountains. He would not let us take him off. He had to get all of his riding out of his system and then he finally came off and ate some lunch! When Matt, August and I were riding, I kept hearing the horn honk (I was in the back) and I said to Matt, "You should probably not honk that much because we don't want to scare the wildlife," and Matt informed me that it wasn't him doing the honking. Well in that case, it was okay :) We also visited Uncle Braun's house where he got to sit in/"drive" a variety of fun toys that blew his mind. August is still a sucker for anything with wheels and/or an engine.

Click below to view the entire album.

July 2008