The best-named month of the year was a scorcher! We spent lots of time outside and exploring our neighborhood. This month seemed to be full of many transitions - the end of summer, three new teeth (all molars!!), a growth spurt (or maybe just that I hadn't bought August new clothes in a while) and learning how to ride a trike - or what August calls his "bike!" (always said in a lilting chirp). Surprisingly, getting these three teeth (and one more about to pop) were a lot less painful on all of us than the first batch. But maybe August has a different opinion on it. I was shocked to find out that we are now buying clothes in size 2T! Of course I knew he would grow, but it's just another realization that he's definitely not a baby anymore. That and his love for imitating the sound a burp makes. But, the highlight of the month was the acquiring of this super duper tricycle. He still rides his old Radio Flyer one a lot inside because he can haul ass on it, but this is the "bike" we take on walks to the nearby school playground. August is just learning how to pedal it himself and in no time he'll be cruising around town. For now, he basks in sitting on his big boy bike, ringing the bell and giving a pedal here and there. We stopped in the bank one day and he was on his bike and it was dead silent in there until I heard a loud "brrrrrrring" - I looked down and August was giving me a knowing/devilish grin. He was right though, the bank did need a little pick me up. I think I say this every month, but watching August grow and exploring the world with him only gets better every day. There are so many things we do that bring me back to my childhood - crunching leaves under our feet, going to Toys R Us (Children's Palace was the one I remember though), August wanting to walk around in our shoes, going down slides, watching toys get put together and hoping that the "damn" instructions don't make Dad upset, playing in the sink, the fascination with drinking fountains (ick though), school playground equipment - I could go on and on...
Click below to view the entire album.