What a fun month! August was at a perfect age to enjoy all the lights, music, festivities, Charlie Brown Christmas DVD, parties and "packages." (for those of you who know my mom, you know that she ALWAYS refers to presents as "packages!") We put up a tree and I didn't realize this, but all of my ornaments are different vehicles (with a Santa motif - a collection started by my mom when I was a kid) and so those were probably August's favorite part about Christmas! As I kept bringing out each box that the ornament was in, he kept saying, "Op, op!" (as in "open") - it was a never-ending supply of cars! Our new Christmas Eve tradition is going with my parents to Gladstones on PCH in Malibu and having a delicious lunch while watching the ocean. Christmas day was a blast - last year I think he was a little overwhelmed, but this year, he totally got it. He enjoyed opening his gifts - sorry, packages - and played with everything. His big gift was a kitchen that took Grandpa and Dada THREE hours to assemble! We can't wait for next Christmas, although now that August knows what fun things might be wrapped in those boxes under the tree, they may not stay wrapped until Christmas.
Click below to view the entire album.